Inspired by a pretty girl I know, I think I will post some actual content, although in a different vein:
– I’m working for people that I like, in an industry that I really enjoy, doing work that I love. And it’s not illegal, this time. As a particularly enjoyable side-effect of this, I make enough money to pay all the bills, and put money towards paying off both my and Leslie’s debts.
– I’ve written a lot of music, and a lot of it is music that I would happily listen to, if it was written by someone else. This is no guarantee that it’s good by any objective measure, but it’s what I want it to be.
– Without hyperbole, the leg injury I had several years ago has left a wake of devastation that reaches to all areas of my life. I am just now coming to terms with how far-reaching and varied the effects of it are.
– I desperately need a good laptop.
– I may also desperately need a good drink.
– I’ve watched my closest friends and dearest family prove in thought and in deed that they simply do not care about the things they claim to; not in any way that produces any measurable or meaningful effect on their actions.
– I’ve made the decision to not compromise my standards for family and friends. I will hold them to the same standards that I would expect and hope my family and friends hold me to, regardless of how difficult or painful that is.
– As with every year that passes, I’ve learned that the more I learn, the more I know that I know nothing.