(One of) my therapist(s) has recommended that I keep a private daily journal, as well as an ongoing ‘worry list’ in point form. I have not been very successful with either task.
Right now, I am worried about:
- Not being able to fall asleep
- Falling asleep and getting too little sleep to function well tomorrow
- Falling asleep with the help of a sleeping pill and being too chemically hungover to wake up in the morning
- An early-morning meeting at work
- Money to pay for:
- Various outstanding bills related to moving
- New hard drives (and a new media server to put them in) to replace the ones that have been failing (with data loss) over the last two months
- The trip to NYC I took last weekend
- Expenses incurred returning home by bus as a result of the (borrowed, ten year old) car blowing a gasket in upstate New York
- A trip to Albany this weekend to go pick up the soon-to-be-repaired car and bring it back to Ottawa
- Whatever part of the massive car repair bill the owner of the car doesn’t feel like paying
- If I’m going to lose 4 1/2 weeks saved vacation time due to sick leave / insurance issues at work
- Not being able to do an Ad·ver·sary (or Cyanotic, or…) tour in the next 12 months due to a lack of vacation time
- How a number of different people (and animals) that I love are doing
- Not having nearly enough time.
Hoping for a quiet day and a quieter evening, tomorrow.